Boston-based innovative and growing IT support company invites applications for a full-time position as a Support Technician.
Our Support Technicians are key to delivering on our promise to support critical technology for our clients. They provide essential, reliable IT support for our users in two key areas of the business: providing direct end-user support on our help desk and during onsite visits.
This aspect of the position entails responding to incoming technical requests from clients in a prompt and courteous manner while keeping accurate documentation of resolution. Applicants will need to be able to quickly isolate technical issues and utilize time management skills to triage and schedule help requests to meet SLAs.
This aspect of the position entails performing onsite support visits in a formal business setting. Visits focus not only on direct user engagement but also on meticulous attention to detail to ensure the smooth operation of infrastructure. After-hours and weekend work will be required from time to time.
- Respond to incoming help requests via phone or via the ticket tracking system in a prompt and courteous manner, escalating requests to other team members where appropriate.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize and schedule help requests in order to adhere to deadlines and SLAs.
- The Support Technician will need to have experience in communication and collaboration tools ranging from email to cloud-based software.
- Must be a strong team player while also having the ability to think and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of in-the-field experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology environments
- Understanding of macOS and Windows, network connectivity, basic IT security, and project management
- Prior experience working with ConnectWise or equivalent ticketing system
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with personnel at all levels
- The passion to learn and grow
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekend
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel within the Greater Boston area.
Ideal candidate will also have the following experience
- Prior experience working within the Managed Services realm is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches and peripheral networking hardware.
- Working knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Health Benefits, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, 401K
Competitive salary based on experience ranging from $60,000 – $66,000