We’re looking for a full-time Support Technician to join our growing technology company aimed at supporting Boston’s startups and growing businesses.
As a Support Technician, you will be the first point of contact for our clients and key to our promise of support their technology. You will provide essential, reliable IT support for our partners in two key areas: helping clients directly with end-user support through the help desk, and through onsite visits.
This part of the job requires responding to incoming support tickets from clients in a prompt and courteous manner while keeping accurate documentation of resolution. You will need to be able to quickly isolate technical issues and use time management skills to triage and schedule help requests to meet SLAs.
In addition to incoming service requests, as an engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with ongoing project work – led by our internal Project Management team. You will be responsible for completing assigned tasks accurately, while ensuring that they are completed on time and on budget.
- Respond to incoming help requests via phone or via the ticket tracking system in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize and schedule help requests in order to adhere to deadlines and SLAs.
- You will need to have experience in communication and collaboration tools ranging from email to cloud-based software.
- Lead the Project Team to oversee execution of assigned tasks and lend presence on jobs requiring an extra set of hands.
- Take ownership of new or current products, becoming an internal SME while training and coaching team members on the product.
- At times, provide support and coverage for Support Technician (Tier 1) tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years in-the-field experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology environments
- Proficient understanding of both macOS and Windows.
- Prior experience working with ConnectWise or equivalent PSA/ticketing system
- Hands-on experience with setup, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches and peripheral networking hardware
- Strong knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with personnel at all levels
- The passion to learn and grow
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekend
- Must be able to carry and lift up to 25 lbs.
You should also have the following experience
- Prior experience working within the Managed Services realm is highly desirable
- Ability to create a project plan from only a high-level technical specification; ability to carry out project plans and report accurately on time and work done
- Hands-on experience managing or servicing a Microsoft Office 365 or Google Workspace environment
- Prior experience working with Jamf Pro, Kandji, or another MDM provider
Benefits for Full-time Staff
Health Benefits including dental and vision, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, 401K, student loan assistance, tuition reimbursement
Competitive salary based on experience ranging from $85,000 – $95,000