We’re looking for a full-time Support Technician to join our growing technology company aimed at supporting Boston’s startups and growing businesses.
As a Support Technician, you will be the first point of contact for our clients and key to our promise of support their technology. You will provide essential, reliable IT support for our partners in two key areas: helping clients directly with end-user support through the help desk, and through onsite visits.
This part of the job requires responding to incoming support tickets from clients in a prompt and courteous manner while keeping accurate documentation of resolution. You will need to be able to quickly isolate technical issues and use time management skills to triage and schedule help requests to meet SLAs.
Field support entails performing onsite support visits in a formal business setting. Your visits will focus on direct user engagement and meticulous attention to detail to ensure the continuation of smooth and seamless operations. After-hours and weekend work will be required from time to time.
- Respond to incoming help requests via phone or via the ticket tracking system in a prompt and courteous manner, escalating requests to other team members where appropriate.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize and schedule help requests in order to adhere to deadlines and SLAs.
- You will need to have experience in communication and collaboration tools ranging from email to cloud-based software.
- You must be a strong team player while also having the ability to think and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of in-the-field experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology environments
- Understanding of macOS and Windows, network connectivity, basic IT security, and project management.
- Prior experience working with ConnectWise or an equivalent ticketing system
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with personnel at all levels
- The passion to learn and grow
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel within the Greater Boston area.
An ideal candidate will also have the following experience
- Prior experience working within the Managed Services realm is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches and peripheral networking hardware.
- Working knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
Health Benefits including dental and vision, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, 401K, student loan assistance, tuition reimbursement
Competitive salary based on experience ranging from $65,000 – $75,000